White Rock Spring Mountain Conservation Area Trail Plan
Transplan Pty Ltd has once again joined forces with Mike Halliburton Associates to prepare the Recreation Trails Network Plan for the White Rock Spring Mountain Conservation Area in the Ipswich City Council in Queensland.
The project involves auditing all existing formal (authorised) and unauthorised trails as well as proposing a series of potential new trails throughout this 2,500ha estate.
Desert Road Trail Master Plan – Shire of East Pilbara
Transplan Pty Ltd, with Kulbardi Hill Consulting, have recently prepared the Master Plan for a proposed 4WD trail between Marble Bar and the WA/NT border – a distance of 1000km. The plan involved a 10 day field trip searching for as many as 35 – 40 potential interpretive sites along the existing roads.
The fieldwork involved staying overnight at some of the remotest Aboriginal communities in Australia: Punmu, Kunawarritji and Kiwirrkurra.
31 sites were recommended to the Shire of East Pilbara for development and interpretation.
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail – Trailhead Development Plan
Transplan Pty Ltd assisted Mike Halliburton Associates with the preparation of Artist’s Impressions and Concept Drawings that illustrate the intended redevelopment/upgrading of two trailheads along the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail.
Kilkivan Kingaroy Rail Trail – Trail Development Plan
Transplan Pty Ltd assisted Mike Halliburton Associates to prepare the detailed Trail Development Plan for the Gympie Regional Council that enabled it to progress the construction of its portion of the Kilkivan Kingaroy Rail Trail (i.e. from Kilkivan to Goomeri near the border with South Burnett Regional Council).
The requirements of the brief were:
- Establish realistic timeframes to correlate with funding milestones from the Queensland State Government and construction timeframes for Gympie Regional Council for the establishment of the Kilkivan – Kingaroy Rail Trail;
- Undertake a necessary review of standards and literature relating to rail trail construction;
- Development of a Trail Development Plan for utilisation by Gympie Regional Council for relevant ‘build-to’ specifications for the establishment of the Kilkivan – Kingaroy Rail Trail;
- Provide recommendations about implementation sequencing and indicative costings, including balancing key elements that need to be in place for the launch of the trail and those embellishments which may be added over time subject to the success and attraction of the trail;
- To develop site specific solutions to address issues raised through the community engagement undertaken to date and additional stakeholder issues as they arise;
- Provide recommendations for an appropriate long term management model for the corridor, having regard to best practice models for trails of a similar nature; and
- Provide an associated manual to direct Council (or lessee/community volunteer groups as required) in relation to management and maintenance activities and services standards for the effective and safe operation of the rail trail into the future.